Thursday, December 31, 2015

There is a Season

Earlier this week, I received an "on this day" reminder from Facebook, that 5 years ago I posted "[I am] coming to the realization that some day my kids are going to grow up and I won't have 3 small kids. I'm not sure if that makes me sad or very happy. I think I'll probably be both, though I have quite some time before that point."

Five years later, I think we are to that point-- we no longer have 3 small kids. With this realization, as I anticipated in 2010, I am both a little sad and very happy. In these last few days of 2015, we have spent the better part of every day rearranging the house to do away with our playroom and move each Hoy kid into his/her own big kid room. Today, I looked in these redone bedrooms with a wistful glance, remembering what was and wondering what will be. We have moved from our season of 3 little kids to our season of 3 not-so-little kids. To everything, there is a season, a joyous new season. Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment