Sunday, September 16, 2018

Rhythm of the School Year

I don't do summer well. I used to blame it on the kids-- that they needed the routine of the school year-- but really, it is me. Though I love our summer experiences, seeing family and friends, I need the routine.  I love what I do and miss it during the summer. I long for the rhythm of our school days. 




So when the first day of school comes, I hum "Its the most wonderful time of the year" to myself all day. For me, it really is. New beginnings & freshly sharpened pencils. 

Though, every year, I forget how long it takes to get into the rhythm. We are 4 weeks in, and we still haven't found the beat.  New classes, new expectations, new routines. We are still figuring it out here at the Hoy House. I know it will come, that we will one day find ourselves in the rhythm of the school year. Today is not that day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.  Hopefully soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment