Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Lemon

I've had a lemon plant for most of my adult life.  Some years, it has been fruitful, others barren.  This year, my lemon plant netted one solitary lemon.  Much like other years, I picked the fruit right before the first freeze.  Since then?  It sits on our counter, untouched. 

Every year that the lemon plant produces, I am excited about the fruit-- until I pick it.  Now what do I do with it?  Nothing seems special enough for my home grown lemon, but if history repeats itself, it will sit on the counter and shrivel due to my inability to decide on its fate. 

I'm sure there is a moral, or metaphor, or something, in the lemon's story, but I don't really know what it is beyond the fact that I need to find something to do with one lemon.  Let me know if you have suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment