Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Camp Drop Off

Sunday I dropped Alyssa at sleep-away camp for 3 weeks. 



As we drove the 2.5 hours, the excitement built (Only 2 more hours, only 1 more hour, only 30 more minutes, only 15 more minutes, only 10 more minutes, only 5 more minutes, we're here!) and she was grinning ear to ear by the time we arrived.  It took about 20 minutes to help Alyssa unpack and make her bed.  While other parents were still milling around, the conversation went like this: 

A:  "Mom?" (with raised eyebrow)
Me:  "Do you want me to leave now?"
A:  Nods head yes with a grin on her face.

I wasn't expecting teary good-byes, but I don't think I expected to be kicked to the curb quite so fast.  I had obviously forgotten that this was the little girl that relegated me to the other side of the street by the 3rd day of kindergarten.

I love this independent girl and can't wait to hear all about her adventure! 


No comments:

Post a Comment