Monday, June 9, 2014

Happy First Day of Summer Vacation

I have been dreading summer since school started last year.  Our kids thrive on routine and school is the ultimate routine.  Somehow the kids know that our summer routine is not really a strict routine.  So, for me, last summer was pretty brutal.  The kids seemed to bicker all the time and I had a short fuse.  It just wasn't much fun for anyone.  I don't really know why it was so bad, (maybe the move? maybe the lack of planning?), but I'm trying to do everything in my power to set us up for success THIS summer. 

The summer trip is planned.  Camps are booked.  Swim lessons are scheduled.  The homework hutch has been revamped for summer work.  The craft bin is stocked.  The bookshelves are full.  The idea jar is ready. 


And just in case all else fails...


...the wine is chilled.  Happy first day of summer vacation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment