Sunday, June 26, 2011

Recovery Update

I'm surprised at how great I feel, having surgery a little over 36 hours ago.  I'm home, moving around, and pretty much pain free.  The only issue now is that for the next 2 weeks I can't lift anything heavier than 10 pounds, and Matthew weighs almost 20.  Should make for an interesting 2 weeks. 

Random thoughts about my surgery--
*I guess the Hoy House minimum number of surgeries this year had not been met, and since Matthew wasn't scheduled for any more, it was my turn.  Hopefully we are done for the year now!
*While the surgeon was digging in my belly, having to navigate around some fat, why couldn't he just take it out?  It would have helped him see better and it would have been a little bonus for me.
*I figure this was a weekend event.  Appendicitis on Friday, surgery Friday night, home on Saturday, feeling pretty great on Sunday!
*I'm very thankful for the good surgeon, the nice nursing staff, and the comfortable bed at our local hospital. 

No comments:

Post a Comment