Monday, June 17, 2013

Blessing

We closed on our Houston house last Thursday.  Originally, we were scheduled to close in Austin but the title company wanted to charge $250 for the convenience of doing so.  In case you didn't know this about me, I am frequently frugal.  I became incensed and said there was no way I would pay $250 for the convenience and I would instead drive to Houston for the close. 

I felt pretty good about my plans because in addition to saving the money, (1) I would have a final chance to check on the house to make sure it was move in ready and (2) it would make the move feel a bit less final.  I planned to stay with my folks Wednesday evening, check on the house before close, close Thursday morning, have lunch with friends and head back to Austin by Thursday afternoon. 

So, I was already feeling pretty good about the plan, though it was impeding my unpacking progress in Austin, but now I feel like that $250 'convenience' charge (and my subsequent outrage) was a blessing.  On Wednesday afternoon, I got to spend an hour sitting with my grandmother. I am so thankful I had that time.  

1 comment:

  1. Katie,
    I am so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. I know she was a lovely lady and will be missed by your whole family. We will lift you up on our prayers. Be safe on your trip as well.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete