Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Random Thoughts

- I really miss not caring about the floors in my house.  In Houston, we had pergo and it was pretty indestructible.  We let the kids ride the plasma cars or scooters on them and never worried.  Here in Austin, we have distressed wood floors that are becoming more and more distressed by our every day living.  No way would they withstand the plasma car Hoy Family 500 through the living room.  I miss that.

- I can't remember the last time I played with Matthew and didn't try to incorporate a therapy trick.  I have a few hours with him in the mornings before he goes to school, and I have been trying to make a concerted effort to just play and not think about working on his fine motor, gross motor, or speech.  I can't help myself though.  I sat down to play trains, and immediately asked Matthew to make the train sound, like we have at therapy so many times.  Habit.

- I am enjoying the quiet every day for a few hours when all 3 kids are at school but am quickly coming to the realization that I have to get back in the classroom. My teaching makes our home life a bit more crazy, but it makes me feel like me.

- I have had so many false starts to get healthy again (after the craziness of our transition this year, I fell off the wagon, hard).  I know how to be healthy--eat right, exercise-- but just cannot seem to get back up on the wagon for a prolonged period of time.  I need to get back on it!

- It took Jackson a year to earn his glow up light saber-- a year to get one entire week without time outs.  He loves that light saber and he earned it!  And it was the only thing we lost in the move.  :(  Thankfully I found a replacement this past weekend.

One of my favorite pictures from LA.

No comments:

Post a Comment