Saturday, December 14, 2013

Happy 8th to Alyssa!

Happy 8th birthday to our Alyssa!  She is an amazing kid and I feel so privileged to be her mom! 

I love everything about this girl, even her periodic sassiness, though not always in that moment.  My greatest Alyssa joys are:

...to listen to her read.  Currently she is reading Diary of a Whimpy Kid (Cabin Fever) to me.  They are some of the best moments of my day. 
...to watch her with Matthew.  She loves him beyond measure.  Everyone should be loved like that in their lifetime.
...her as my co-pilot. She is such an awesome companion on trips.  She is helpful and I love the time we spend talking in the car.
...that she's an old soul.  She has always been responsible beyond her years.  I trust her probably more than I should an 8 year old, but she's rarely let me down.
...playing games with her.  She is competitive, but has learned to mostly be a good loser and gracious winner.
...that she's so observant, though this has worked against us once or twice, like when she told Joy she was going to have a baby brother or sister before we told her that we were expecting Matthew.
...her excitement and laugh.  Even though she told me before we went to Disney earlier this year that she knew the characters weren't real, she was SO excited to meet them and see them in the parades. 
...seeing and hearing how much she wants to be a teacher one day.  She loves to learn, loves school, and though this may change in time, 'to be a teacher' has always been her only answer to 'what I want to be when I grow up.'

Can't believe it has been 8 years!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it either. And that picture of her is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete