Friday, February 7, 2014

5 Hours

Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday this week were teacher in service days.  At first I balked about this, as it seemed a bit crazy after a week off at Thanksgiving, 2 weeks off at Christmas, MLK holiday, 2 'snow/ice' days, and 1 delayed start in about 10 weeks.  What I didn't think about when I first balked at the idea was the beauty of traveling when no one else had off!  (Cheap airline tickets!)  We visited friends in Florida and it was absolutely perfect.  The weather there was ideal and the time with friends was priceless!  I am a 3 day "winter break" convert!

So, we were supposed to at least have school Thursday and Friday this week, but Thursday was a delayed start due to potential ice and today was an 'ice day', though I don't see any ice (yet).  So the kids spent a grand total of 5 hours in school this week.  Today, we are trying to stay sane by watching movies (Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 1 and 2) and sprinkling in crafts (drawing and duct tape crafts).  I'm really ready for winter to be done!
Matthew's morning masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment