Monday, October 10, 2011

Family Cruise

We just returned from a 4 day cruise to Cozumel.  Taking the kids on a cruise wasn't exactly 'vacation', but taking kid care on a boat.  

Alyssa and Jackson had a complete ball. They went to the kids camp every day (where they met Fun Ship Freddy), watched tv, ate ice cream after every meal, slept on the top bunks, colored, and built Star Wars Lego ships while spending quality time with us, their Grandma, their uncles Bryan, Will and Joe, and their aunt Karen. 


Matthew wasn't as agreeable to the entire cruise idea as I thought he would be. The first full day at sea was pretty rough for Mattie.  He was unusually fussy and threw me for a loop since it was so out of character for him. Thankfully I found the key to making Matthew happy-- I let him crawl around the deck of the boat.  He was covered in dirt, but happy as can be.  After that, he was our sweet baby Matthew.

Would I do it again?  Hmmm...not anytime soon.  This was Darren and my 4th cruise, and probably our least favorite if we were ranking them.  I enjoyed the blue water in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico, the yummy adult beverages, and the time spent with family, but we were still tethered to Matthew and his schedule, the ship's stabilizers were on the fritz (making it the roughest cruise I've been on), and the ship was understaffed by 1/3 (which was pretty obvious at dinner).

So, for now, I'm happy taking our vacations to see family--easier to care for the kids while relaxing and enjoying the company.  Plus I have to save up for Disney World.  I promised Matthew.
Matthew was happy playing with his packets of baby food.
Alyssa and Jackson were watching Spanish cartoons,
proving my theory that they really will watch anything
since they had no idea what was going on.
Alyssa, Jackson and Matthew loved the ice cream.
The kids loved being on the 'big boat'.

No comments:

Post a Comment