Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Misc Updates

-I'm able to sleep through the night again. I guess my insomnia was caused by the stress of finding kid care.  

-I did find someone to watch Matthew and so far, I think she's fantastic.  Matthew really likes her, she's very loving and caring with Matthew, always holding him or playing with him, and even an outside report from a friend who saw them at the park was very positive.  I've been able to enjoy time with Matthew more now that he's not in daycare. Before he would nap almost the entire time I was home because he wouldn't nap at daycare. Now he naps while I'm gone so I get to enjoy my sweet baby Matthew more.  A big win!

-The improved time with Matthew is making me more positive about teaching. I was in a bit of a funk for a few weeks, feeling like I was overscheduled and not doing a good job at either teaching or being a mom.  Thankfully that has passed and I'm feeling a bit more relaxed about both. 

-Alyssa is still doing so very well at kindergarten. I've known for sometime that she's my little academic, but it is so nice to see that she is thriving at school.  I'm so thankful for that! Her favorites are the extra-curricular activities, like PE, Art, Music and chasing the boys at recess.  

-Jackson started his new school on Monday.  He seemed to like it and says he'd like to go back tomorrow.  The school is very structured and academically focused.  I hope that this increased attention will help catch Jackson up.

-Speaking of Jackson, he decided that he'd wake up at midnight last night and stay awake until 3am.  He complained of an ear ache a few times, so I'll take him to the pediatrician later this afternoon to see if in fact it is infected.  We cannot have a repeat of last night!

-I had to wake the kids up early this morning in advance of their 7:30am dentist appointments.  Alyssa groans at me, and makes faces as she gets up.  Conversely, I wake up Jackson and he thanks me for letting him know that its time to wake up...even after the poor night's sleep. Definitely different sleep personalities!

-All was good at the dentist for Alyssa and Jackson. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment