Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Color Run

When I started running 2 years ago, my first 5k was the Girls on the Run 5k, which benefits the GOTR organization that promotes positive body image in girls ~3-5 grade by training for a 5k, as well as learning opportunities about peer pressure, nutrition, etc.  At that race almost 2 years ago, I watched a mother and young daughter run together and I thought to myself "I can't wait to do that with Alyssa one day."  That day was Sunday! 

Alyssa decided she wanted to go running with me a few weeks ago after she bought a pair of running shoes.  We went on a trial run and she did great.  So, I signed her up for the Color Run.  The Color Run is a fun run, not timed, where they throw colored cornstarch powder at you periodically during the run. You end up a colored mess, but it is lots of fun. 

We ran the Color Run Sunday with some friends from Austin.  Alyssa did great!  And it was tons of fun!  Running with my daughter was all I hoped it would be! 

Before the run.

After the run!

1 comment: