Thursday, May 2, 2013

Dwellings

Tuesday, we closed on our Austin home!  We don't take possession until tomorrow, but it is a done deal.  Wow!  I am hoping we are as happy with our home in Austin as we have been in our home in Houston.

Our Houston home went on the market at lunchtime today.  We had a multitude of showings, and are currently mulling an offer in hand (for at least a day to see if any others transpire). 

I will miss this house.  This dwelling has served us well. The moment we walked in for the first time almost 7 years ago, we knew this was the house (and it was on the market 1 day then too).  Sappily, I hope our buyers will love it as much as we have.

If all goes well, thankfully, it seems likely we will have a signed contract by the end of the weekend.  I have been hoping and praying that the house would move quickly, as keeping it show ready with the 3 kids is making me even more neurotic and crazier than usual. This morning, as we were walking out the door, after I spent time going room to room to make sure it was ready to show, I noticed a scrub brush on the stairs.  A scrub brush? Yes, a scrub brush.  Not even sure where it came from originally, but know it had to have been one of the 3 little ones (likely the smallest) that decided that the stairs would be the final spot for it.  Thankfully I found it before walking out! 

I think the kids will be of 2 minds about selling the house- 1.  The good- I will stop freaking out and saying "please don't touch anything" (like we are in a public restroom all the time) and 2. The bad (for them, not for me)- We won't be going out to eat every night anymore.  I am so ready to eat at home for while!   

"Thumbs" up for Taco Bell/KFC.

No comments:

Post a Comment