Thursday, May 23, 2013

Last Day of Music Class

Today was the last day of music class for Matthew. 

Over the course of the year, I have had many mixed emotions on Thursdays from 9:30-10:30.  Matthew has loved music class, which although I was not excited about it at first, made me love it too.  Matthew really got into the routine, and participated as well (and sometimes even more) as all the other kids.  And once in a while, this class (with 10 'peers'), I was reminded of how different Matthew really is sometimes.

Today, I reflected back on how far he's come in these 8 months.  Matthew has progressed-- his participation, his verbalizations, his attention span, his ability to follow direction, and his interaction with other kids have all improved.  Often it is not as fast or as easy as I hope, but he has made good progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment