Saturday, July 31, 2010

Recovery Update- Morning 7/31

I start this post with a deep sigh. The good news is Matthew’s bowels seem to be starting up, the bad news is it is a slower process than the doctors had hoped. I guess his tummy is just groggy from its long nap. The x-ray indicated that Matthew has a build up of gas in his intestines, so today he is back NPO (nothing by mouth). Because this is his 4th day without food, they are starting him on a nutritive IV. We've waited this long because the nutritive IV can be pretty hard on his little veins.

Right now the doctor is content leaving the NG tube out but if he vomits today, then it goes back in. If there is no vomit today and his belly still shows signs of waking up, then tomorrow we get to try sips of Pedialyte again.

So, it appears that we’ll be here until Tuesday at least. I want to go home because I miss Alyssa, Jackson and Darren, but I want my sweet baby Matthew to heal, to feel better, to be okay and I know when we get home that he will be.

Please pray for healing for Matthew, that his veins hold up well to the IV and for his comfort. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment