Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Celebrations

We have been celebrating my birthday for the last 4 days.  Friday, we went to dinner with Darren's folks and Aunt and Uncle.  It was a great time and the kids did remarkably well.  Saturday, we went to my folks' house for my birthday dinner of steak.  My dad cooks the best steaks and has ruined me for all others.  Sunday, we celebrated as a family.  

All I wanted for my birthday was to go have a good time as a family, so we went to Chuck E Cheese.  I would have been appalled about the thought of this for my birthday celebration before I had kids, but now, I just want everyone to smile and have fun.  And we did just that!  

My actual birthday on Monday was a little bit of a non-event given the celebrations of the weekend, but we still celebrated even more with some yummy cupcakes.  The 17 anniversary of my 21st birthday was wonderful, and I got exactly what I wanted.  Happiness is!

Celebration #1.
I am neither 64 or 46, but the kids wanted candles to blow out, and all we had were the 6 and 4.
Celebration #2.  I am in fact 38, and the kids enjoyed blowing out candles for the 2nd time this weekend.

My mom teaching Alyssa to skip.

Matthew sat in the Gator long enough to con daddy into giving him a ride.

Jackson was quite excited about the bonfire at Granny and Granddad's house.

Celebration #3.  Jackson was all over the place and had a great time.
Alyssa was surprisingly good at Wack-A-Mole.
Matthew spent most of his coins in this little car, one of his favorites at CEC.

He spent the rest of his coins on the horses.  He loved it.

Until he didn't anymore and was really ready to leave!
Celebration #4.  Yummy cupcakes from a local bakery. 
They had lemon (my favorite), it must be my birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment