Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Why Matthew Cries

There is a tumblr site called "Reasons My Son Is Crying".  It made the news, as one dad was documenting the reasons why his sons were crying, and it morphed into this site.  I think about it often when Matthew is crying about stuff that I just don't understand.  So-- here are the reasons that Matthew cried for the 12 hours he was awake.

I closed the garage door.
He had a spat with Jackson about the Strolling Bowling game. (See the awesome retro commercial)
I wouldn't let him sit in the '66 Mustang (which was on the street at the time).
Again, I wouldn't let him sit in the '66 Mustang (which was on the street at the time).
I shut the front door.
I wiped his face.
He was told he couldn't have more goldfish.
It was naptime. (This happens every day and drives Darren nuts.)
He was told it wasn't okay to pound on the computer keyboard.
I put the shoe bins out of reach.
He was told he couldn't stand on the kitchen chair to destroy the Lego Death Star.
It was bedtime. (Again, happens every day to Darren's dismay.)

This was Matthew crying during time-out during our trip to the lake.
It is rare we can capture Matthew crying in pictures,
because like Pavlov's dogs, he usually smiles as soon as a camera comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment