Thursday, July 31, 2014

Oreo Challenge

Since the breakfast taco challenge was such a success, and the fact that my beloved was annoyed by my lack of 'official' brackets, we took on the Hoy House 2014 Oreo Challenge this summer with honest to goodness brackets.  I bought all the single-stuff Oreo flavors that I could find at Target and the kids picked the brackets.  Each match, we ate two flavors and voted for our favorite. The cookie with the majority went on to the next round.


When I posted this initially on Facebook, there were a lot of predictions for mint, original, Reese's, and even golden.  Watermelon was much maligned, with many commenting 'yuck' and with a friend saying even her high school daughter's boyfriend wouldn't eat them-- and he likes everything! 

Surprisingly, some of our individual favorites didn't fare well in the head to head match ups.  I usually love lemon, but it wasn't lemony enough for me.  The original had lack luster stuffing, but I believe won points because of the nostalgia factor.  The Reese's was good, but the golden birthday cake was REALLY good. 


In the end, coming out of nowhere was a true Cinderella story-- WATERMELON for the win!  It was a fun after dinner treat for a couple of weeks. Now, I am Oreo-ed out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment