Tuesday, November 30, 2010

T-6 Days

Matthew and I are home safe and sound after our amazing trip to Chicago.  Matthew and I flew to/from Chicago while Darren drove with Alyssa and Jackson.  I'll get the full report on the drive later tonight, but as for flying, Matthew was a great baby on the plane, fussing for about 20 minutes and then falling asleep for the majority of the flight (both ways). 

A good development while we were away--Matthew began eating again.  Sunday he woke up and just decided he'd eat.  He took all of his bottles and ate a little of his solids.  Monday, same thing.  Today, he's taken even more.  Very good news!  Not sure what changed, but hopefully this will get him stronger for his upcoming surgery. 

Speaking of surgery, we are 6 days away from the big day and my anxiety level continues to rise day by day.  Logically I know that this surgery is somewhat common and not extremely risky, but I just can't shake the fear.  They are going to cut him ear to ear, cut out all of the bone from his forehead, leave some out and reshape the rest and put it back in with synthetic plates.  He'll likely need a blood tranfusion. And if Matthew's history has taught us anything, it is that the unexpected can always occur.  I just can't be calm about that.   I have no idea what to expect after 5:30a next Monday.

But I'm going to try to concentrate my nervous energy in getting ready for the holidays in the next 6 days.  I hope to finish my shopping, put up the decorations, and get ready for Alyssa's birthday dinner. All of that and spend a good amount of time loving on my sweet baby and enjoying our family time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment