Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Through Matthew

I was walking through a store yesterday and came upon a group of special needs adults.  The sight of them immediately brought tears to my eyes.  Months ago, I might have cried for the unknown in our lives, but not now.  As I looked at this group, I passionately prayed that we'll get to see Matthew as an adult.  And as I walked away, I was struck by how differently I see these individuals since Matthew.  I know through him how hard they have had to work for things that typical people take for granted.  I know through Matthew that they are beautiful, unique people, not to be looked at with pity but with compassion. Our lives have forever been changed since Matthew joined our family, and thankfully my perspective is changing as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment