Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Being a mom is the hardest job I've ever had.  It is full time (plus tons of overtime). I do things I never knew were in the job description (e.g. picking up poop off the bathroom floor, really?!?!).  I have to be patient when I want to yell and go nuts.  I worry constantly whether I'm doing a good enough job.  My bosses can be a little moody, brutally honest, and demanding. 

But it is the greatest job I've ever had.  I'm paid in smiles and hugs.  Jackson's unsolicited "I love you" makes me stop in my tracks.  Matthew's ear to ear grin when I walk in his line of sight warms my heart.  Alyssa grabbing my hand to hold makes me feel like a million bucks.  I am a lucky woman.

And I am doubly lucky that I am friends with and related to amazing moms.  I have learned so much and am so thankful for the examples they serve in my life...helping me be a better mom to my kids.  Thank you!!  Happy Mother's Day to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment