Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Kids' Moods

Alyssa is so very excited for school to start.  Yesterday her kindergarten teacher called to introduce herself and invite us to the meet the teacher on Friday.  Alyssa heard it was her teacher and she stood right next to me, jumping up and down, mouthing to me that she'd like to say hello.  Alyssa just beamed when she heard her teachers voice.  Alyssa has been in a great mood this week and that call, combined with the fact that there are only 2 days till meet the teacher and 5 days till school starts, she's just giddy.  This morning she came in to tell me about her dream (that she was in WordWorld- a tv show), and she tells me "I just love dreams.  No one can take them away from me. I can see my old preschool teachers in my dreams."  She's just so happy right now!   

And on the other hand, there is Jackson.  Lately I've been noticing that he reminds me a bit of Eeyore (the donkey from Winnie the Pooh). He cracks me up.  His favorite Star Wars line right now is "I've got a bad feeling about this."  It so fits him.  We've always said there is nothing better than Jackson in a good mood, and I just wish we would see it more often. 

And to remind us to be joyful, there is Matthew.  He finds joy in everything.  As soon as I put his foot braces on, he clicks them together and smiles.  He'll be crawling around on the floor, and realize that he can bang the braces against the floor and they make a loud clicking noise.  He'll do it half a dozen times and just smile.  Almost everything makes him happy.  He still has such a sweet disposition

No comments:

Post a Comment