Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Turning the Page

Yesterday we started a new chapter for our family.  I went to work (teaching at the community college), Jackson went back to preschool, Matthew went back to daycare (after a year at home with me), Alyssa went to Kindergarten, and Darren went to work.  For the first time in a year, we all had somewhere we needed to be at a particular time--a new routine for all of us!

I love teaching-- I teach Sociology, which is my passion, and I feel honored to share that with others.  I teach 3 classes (2 introductory classes and 1 Marriage and Family), 30 students in each class.  My Monday/Wednesday/Friday classes seem to be a bit lively, not surprising since they are mid-day.  My Tuesday/Thursday class is first thing in the morning, and I'm thinking I will need a coffee pot installed in the classroom to get them going.  It should be a great semester!  I had always wanted to teach as my second career, and I never envisioned that this past year and a half would be the road to that chance.  I can't believe how lucky I am to be doing what I love!  

My only regret is that Matthew had sort of a rough first day back at daycare.  Today was better, but he spent the time I was away with our dear neighbor instead of at school.  He enjoyed that a lot more. I'm hoping he just needs time to adjust back to daycare.  He's only there 12 hours a week (3 days a week), and if he doesn't adjust, we'll figure out another way.  I'm just praying tomorrow is better for him!  

Right now, all of this change still seems a bit crazy, but I do foresee us getting into a routine.  I'm looking forward to it being our 'new normal'.  

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your post. I feel like I am keeping in touch with you guys even being so far away. I am so excited for you and your new teaching adventure. I know that you are and awesome teacher because you have taught me so much about patience, strength, courage, and unconditional love. Please give all 3 of your little angels kisses from me.

    ReplyDelete