Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Saving for Disney

When Matthew was scheduled for his skull surgery last Fall, I was beyond myself trying to get a picture of the 5 of us before that surgery. I was worried it might be our last family photo.  (Thankfully we have had and hopefully will have many more chances for our family of 5 photos.) 

After the photo session, I came home and freaked out crying. I kept telling Matthew that just because we had the photo, it didn't mean he could leave us.  That day, I told him that he has to fight to be here, and fight to figure out the world.  I needed something for us to look forward to together.  I promised Matthew that we'd take him to Disney World when he learned to walk. 

Well, I better start saving up.  With Matthew, we don't know what he will and won't do in time.  But I'm pretty confident now that I can say that Matthew will walk.  He's pulling up on the furniture, and trying to 'cruise' a few steps on his own.  I am certain that he's going to walk!  It may take him months or even a year to figure it out, but he's going to walk!!

No comments:

Post a Comment