Friday, September 16, 2011

Inertia

Inertia is such a powerful force.  Even when I know that change will be the best thing for one of the kids or our family, it is so very difficult to initiate that change.  Thinking back, I don't think I've ever regretted a major change that we've initiated...from getting married, to having the kids, to moving back home to Houston, to changing daycares for Aly and Jax just days before Matthew's birth, etc. But I still struggle with purposeful change. 

Now we need to make another change-- by changing childcare for Matthew and Jackson.  Although we are so very thankful for the care we've received at our current daycare center, it is time for a change for a host of reasons.  We are looking to bring Matthew's care in house (have someone come to the house) and find a nicely structured preschool for Jackson.  I feel a little like I'm betraying the school that has done so much for us, but I know we have to do what is right for the boys. Our family and needs have changed and now it is time for their care to reflect that.  I'm anxious about the change, but I hope that it will all be for the best! 

No comments:

Post a Comment