Saturday, September 10, 2011

Unique Beings

Last weekend, I felt like we were just managing the bad mood that was being passed from kid to kid.  This week has been much better.  I feel as though I've been able to appreciate the kids for the neat, unique beings they are.

Alyssa is studious and she's strong.  We took a family bike ride on Monday after a good day at school.  Alyssa took a turn too fast and slid off the sidewalk and into the drainage ditch.  I was watching and it scared me.  But she got up, cried for a minute, and then got on her bike to finish the ride.  So strong!

Jackson is energetic and funny (both intentional and unintentional).  Coming out of a friend's house on Thursday, he jumped out from behind the bushes to scare me.  He loves to surprise people. And some of the things he says are just too funny, though he doesn't intend for them to be.  If we ask him to do something he doesn't want to do, he'll slump his shoulders and mumble "you've got to be kidding me".  It is hard not to laugh out loud at it.

Matthew is sweet and easy going.  Matthew got his 2 shots at his 18 month appointment on Thursday. He cried for two seconds and was perfectly fine when I picked him up. He's just my sweet baby Matthew.

It has been nice to enjoy the kids this week.  Hopefully it will continue over the weekend, which seems to be when the bad mood comes out to rear its ugly head.  Hoping it stays away this weekend!
A little blurry, but couldn't catch all 3 kids still today!

No comments:

Post a Comment