Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Insomnia

I don't know exactly why, but lately I've been struggling with a severe case of insomnia.  I am up for hours that I would typically be sleeping.  Irony is that the kids have been sleeping so soundly through the night and now I can't!  

I suspect the cause may be the result of being a bit overscheduled, a little stressed out, and a tad concerned.  I know logically that we are lucky, that whatever is going on now is absolutely nothing compared to life a year ago, but I continue to worry about my sweet baby Matthew.  Now I am worried less about his health and more about his care.  I keep hoping and praying I find the perfect person to watch him while I'm away at school, someone who will care for him and love him like I do.  

I also think I might have been a little crazy to take on 3 classes this semester. Though I'm only in class 9 hours a week, I grade and prepare at least twice that.  I am so thankful for the opportunity to teach, but I am mindful that I'm a part time teacher and mostly a full time mom.  If I'm given the opportunity to teach again next semester, I think my max will be 2 classes, at least until all 3 kids are in school (and we still have that luxury financially).  

Hopefully the insomnia is the result of the changes in childcare, and once those changes are complete and stable, I'll once again sleep through the night.  If it isn't that, but is school related, well, at least there are only 12 more weeks of the semester. 

No comments:

Post a Comment