Sunday, December 11, 2011

Cookie Decorating

One of my favorite holiday traditions growing up was decorating cookies with my friends.  Every year, my mom made tons of sugar cookies and let me invite friends over to decorate the cookies.  We always made a huge mess, but had tons of fun.  This is a tradition I want to pass along to my kids, and I hope they will have as fond memories of it as I do. 

Saturday was the cookie decorating party at the Hoy House.  Alyssa invited over 3 of her closest classmates and Jackson invited over his best buddy from preschool.  This was the first time that the kids had over kids that were friends forged on their own (not kids of our friends).  A neat new experience.  It was a bit crazy at times with 7 kids in the house, but cookies were decorated, and overall I think everyone had a great time.  A wonderful holiday memory.


1 comment: