Thursday, December 22, 2011

Holiday Break

Darren's last day of work for the year was Monday, Alyssa's last day of school was Tuesday, and Jackson and I were done last week.  So, the Hoy House is on holiday break for 2 weeks!  All the things I love about breaks---sleeping in, not having to abide by a schedule, eating whenever you feel like it, etc-- makes the kids crazy.  Alyssa, Jackson, and Matthew all thrive on routine.  By Tuesday evening Alyssa was getting a bit emphatic about needing to know what was going to happen the next day.  No fly by the seat of your pants for these kids.  They don't respond well to my "just go with the flow" response.  Oh well.  So, Darren and I laid out a rough daily schedule for our break, which we mostly followed yesterday and today.  And so far, so good.

We had a Wii-A-Thon today.
It was great fun.  We bowled, played baseball,
bicycled, played tennis, jousted, and
played Star Wars Legos.
Yesterday, Alyssa went to see a movie with a friend and
Darren took Jackson to see a movie too.
Mattie and I went to my favorite used book store and
stocked up on new (to us) Star Wars books.

No comments:

Post a Comment