Sunday, December 18, 2011

Good and Hectic

This past week was a good but hectic one.  Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I gave final exams in my 3 classes, graded the exams, posted final grades, and responded to students' issues with the grades.  Tuesday Matthew had PT and Alyssa had a girl scouts' ceremony.  Wednesday was Alyssa's birthday. Thursday Matthew and I did a round trip to Dallas for his hand exam. And Friday I celebrated Angels' Day (our dear cousin Jenn's birthday) by doing all the things she would have enjoyed on a typical day. I went to have lunch with Alyssa at school, then went to Jackson's school to help with their holiday party, and then I went up to my school to turn in grades.  It was a very Jenn type of day. I wish that Jenn was still here on earth to do those things, but I know she celebrated in a big way in heaven, as she loved a party and this year my fun uncle Mark is there to help her toast the day of her birth.  

This weekend was a bit slower, but not by much.  Yesterday we ran errands while Alyssa went to a birthday party, and today we went to a gaming place for Alyssa's birthday experience.  In lieu of physical stuff, we give experiences and this year we went to the ITZ family fun center...and we had a ton of fun!   We bowled, played games, ate nachos, drank icees, rode on the train, and turned in our tickets for some little plastic stuff.  After which we came home and watched the Smurfs movie.  A nice ending to a hectic, but good week.  This next week should be considerably slower.  Whew!
Mattie liked to drive.
(Notice the finger configuration--Matthew using his index finger like a thumb.
This is the same way that Darren attempted to drive home the afternoon we realized Matthew was missing thumbs.)
Alyssa loves playing air hockey.
Both Aly and Jax tried the motorcycle game.
Alyssa loved the bowling.  Jackson lost interest before the end of the game.
Matthew wanted a skeeball and worked for several minutes to get it from the chute.
They must take after me, skeeball is my favorite too!

No comments:

Post a Comment