Thursday, December 29, 2011

Random Holiday Bits

When the kids would ask about Matthew's lack of thumbs, we would say "that is how God made him."  On Christmas morning, sitting down at breakfast, Alyssa asked me "why did God give Matthew only 4 fingers when everyone else has 5?" My response--"I don't know, honey. I don't know.", but Darren's was much better--"That must be all he needs".

Alyssa went around Christmas Eve and Christmas day singing "All I want for Christmas is my 3 front teeth".  She lost her 3rd tooth on Christmas Eve Eve.  She has a few more loose, but if she loses anymore, she'll be able to stick her tongue out without opening her teeth.

Jackson has been all about Christmas.  Every day for the past 2 weeks he has gone around wishing us a Merry Christmas.  He only wants to watch Christmas shows (Prep and Landing I and II being the favorites) and he loves turning on the Christmas tree lights.  He might be a little morose when we put away the Christmas decorations in a few days.

Matthew loves music.  Lately, he will crawl over to the piano, pull up on the piano bench, and touch the keys.  He also picked up Jackson's recorder on Christmas day and began whistling into it.  He also loves to 'dance'.  Watching him move his head to music makes me so thankful that his hearing improved!

Matthew got me a present this year. He started making the mmmmm sound.  He might not be calling out 'mommy' yet, but I am now certain he will in time.

The kids loved all of their Christmas bounty and more so, we had so much fun being with each other and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment