Saturday, May 5, 2012

Sprint for Life

Today, we celebrated our dear cousin and friend, Jennifer Johnson, by walking and running in the 15th annual Sprint for Life that benefits MD Anderson's ovarian cancer research center. This race is always bitter sweet, as we love to honor Jenn's memory but hate that she isn't here with us.  
Today, I ran faster than I ever have in a 5k before--32:18.  I had an angel pushing me.  Thank you, Jenn, for helping me tick off another bucket list item for this year. We miss you!
The sign on my back.  Jenn holding baby 'Aysa' as her Kyle used to say.

Please remember the signs and symptoms of ovarian cancer, if not for you, maybe for a friend, a mother, a daughter, or a niece.  The symptoms of ovarian cancer whisper-- please listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment