Thursday, January 31, 2013

Flux


There is a lot of flux going on right now at the Hoy House.  Matthew started preschool a few weeks ago.  Last week was Darren's last day at HP after a combined 12+ years in 2 stretches.  Last weekend into this week, we moved Darren into his apartment in Austin.  This week, painters began painting our house in Cypress in preparation for us putting it on the market.  This upcoming Monday, Darren starts his new job in Austin.  At the end of February, Team Matthew (made up of a speech therapist, an early developmentalist, an occupational therapist, and a physical therapist) will cease to exist in its current form as he ages out of ECI and moves to the school district and private therapy.  In the next few months, we need to purge our excess belongings, put our house on the market, find a neighborhood and school in Austin and buy a new house.  All followed by the move for the kids and I after the school year concludes.  Whew--that is a lot of change.

We've had a nice quiet stretch of late, which I have relished, and now life is in flux.  None of the above is bad--it is just change.  Some of it is very good change. But somedays, change is hard to handle. Today was that day for me.  I will miss my beloved until we are together again. I am sad to see the home that I love being turned into a generic house that we hope will sell.  I am wishing that we could take a break from therapy, to let Matthew be just a regular kid, but know that his reality, our reality, really doesn't allow for that.  I know I just need to suck it up and deal with it, and I will, but today I shed a few tears.  Tomorrow I'll begin to adapt and evolve.

1 comment:

  1. I can't say that I totally know what it feels like for you to change, but trust me, I know that change can be HARD, but at times it is necessary. I pray for you through this. I know when Langston and I moved to Chicago wow almost 2 years ago now that it was a necessary change. Not one that I was happy about, but necessary. Know that you have tons of people near and far praying for a smooth transition. Love you all

    ReplyDelete