Monday, March 31, 2014

Guilt

Lately, I've been plagued by guilt. 

Am I doing enough for Matthew?  Should we put him in more therapy?  What about the speech focused school?  How in the world am I thinking of going to work full time?  How can I give everything to the kids and still be me?  Is there any new research on speech delay?  Should I be more structured in my play with Matthew?  Am I devoting too much time to Matthew in lieu of Jackson and Alyssa?  What if we devoted all of our resources to getting Matthew to speak and he still doesn't?  Will I always wonder 'what if' if we don't?

I wish I knew the answers to these questions and more.  I wish I could be confident that the decisions we are making now would net the best results, but I guess that is a wish of every parent.  I saw this posted on Facebook and thought it summed up some of my angst.  I guess I'm not the only one.

Not that I feel 'judged', but always happy to get a simple smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment