Monday, January 31, 2011

Never Simple

About 4pm today I noticed Matthew's face was swollen.  Hmmm.  I called the pediatrician to see if (a) this helped put the pieces of the puzzle together or (b) this complicated the picture.  His call back indicated b. Matthew's symptoms do not fit together nicely and with this new symptom, it was time to go to the ER. 

I was in total agreement with the pediatrician.  The face swelling, the belly noise, the vomiting, the lethargy, the paleness, the pathetic cry/moan, the slight dehydration, the distended belly-- I was a bit scared for our baby Matthew.  And then as I packed the bag to go, Matthew tilted his head back to Darren and smiled.  It was the first smile we've seen in days.  Then Matthew started moving his arms and legs. It's the most active he's been in days. 

I think to myself "Alright, I guess we'll skip the ER for now".  Then Matthew proceeded to throw up.  But he did so with a smile. I'm not sure what that means but I know Matthew never makes it easy on us and that includes this decision.  So for now, we are going to wait on the ER.  Of course, if he worsens, we'll head to the ER.  But hopefully Matthew's new attitude means he's on the mend.  We hope and pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment