Monday, January 3, 2011

Post Employment

It is almost the 3 month anniversary of the end of my Accenture career (for now anyway).  I'm asked periodically how I like staying home. I never know how to answer that question. I didn't transition into a typical 'stay at home' situation. 

My new boss keeps me amply busy beyond the typical baby stuff.  In the past 3 months, Matthew has had 2 surgeries (heart and head), spent 3 nights in ICU and 3 additional nights in the hospital for recovery, 1 night in the ER, and has had 24 medical/therapy appointments.  He's also had 4 ear infections and countless sleepless nights. 

I can't imagine trying to juggle all of this with the demands of work.  And although I miss the people, I do not miss the juggling and guilt associated with it. I'm thankful the opportunity for voluntary separation came at the time that it did!

So, I guess my answer is...staying home is serving its intended purpose.  And for that I'm grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment