Monday, March 7, 2011

All 3 kids

Although I blog most often about Matthew, our life really revolves around all 3 of our kids.  We are very lucky!

Alyssa is still loving preschool and is ready for kindergarten in the fall.  She's learning to read, which thrills her to no end because she's been wanting to read on her own since she was 3.  She's working on a group of books about two ducks named Goosie and Gertie.  She's also learning to do single digit addition and we are often quizzed to make sure we know how to add (did you know 5+2, 6+1, 7+0, and 4+3 all equal 7?!?).  She is quiet, but she hears EVERYTHING.  We have learned we have to be careful what we say, as there is a chance it was caught and will be repeated when we least expect it.  Alyssa is 5 going on 15 and loves to hang around her older cousins.
 
Alyssa 5 going on 15

Jackson doesn't really like preschool, and when asked why, he'll respond "my friends bother me".  Goodness.  I suspect it might be because he has to sit down for prolonged periods of time.  He loves to run.  He'll often look to me before taking off in a sprint to say "I'm fast!" and just yesterday he told Aunt Carol "I wish I could fly."  And though that makes it sound like he's adventurous, he's not a fan of bounce houses because "they are bumpy".  He's so sweet and still loves to cuddle (when he's not running).  Alyssa is his best friend.

Our Jack-in-the-box
I probably can't say anything about Matthew that isn't documented on the blog already, but he's just got the calmest disposition.  He loves to be around his 'peeps' and is thrilled beyond belief when you sing to him and clap.  He loves to be held and loved on.  

Matthew with his Godmother (Aunt Carol)

No comments:

Post a Comment