Friday, March 4, 2011

RIP Uncle Mark

Every one should have a fun uncle when they are young.  The uncle that tells jokes, does things that your parents wouldn't do, and plays with you on your level.  Darren had his Uncle Bill.  My kids have Uncle Bryan.  And I had Uncle Mark.  He would ride the roller coasters at 6 Flags with me when my parents wouldn't.  He loved live music and drinking beer.  He was quiet and sweet, but a fun loving guy. 

My Uncle Mark has battled frontotemperal dementia for the past few years and, at 58 years young, lost his battle quietly on Wednesday night.  He will be greatly missed by my Aunt Rene who lost her beloved husband, my cousin Alex who lost his dad, my grandmother who just lost her twin sister and now her baby boy, my granddad who lost his son, my dad and Aunt Ricki who lost their baby brother, my Aunt Sherri who lost her son's father, and me who lost my fun Uncle Mark.  Though I'm sure they are dancing in Heaven welcoming Mark, we mourn here on earth.  Please keep Mark's family in your thoughts and prayers. 

Rest in peace Uncle Mark!  We love you!

Rene and Mark on their wedding day (2005)

My Granddad, Dad, Uncle Mark, Aunt Ricki and Grandma
Celebrating my grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary (~1991)

Mark with baby Alex (~1987)

No comments:

Post a Comment