Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Run

I wish I was a runner. I'm really not, but I pretend to be every so often.  Right now I'm doing the couch to 5k running program (again) with a group of women from my neighborhood. Maybe if I pretend I'm a runner, sooner or later I will be one.  Fake it till I make it. 

Anyway, I was out for a run/walk with Matthew earlier this week.  As I walked, I looked down at Matthew and it struck me that we don't know if Matthew will ever be able to run.  We have no idea if he'll ever walk.  I know he's no where close right now.  For a moment I was sad beyond belief, but just as the wind blew, I felt appreciation wash over me.  I may not be a 'runner' but I can run and for that I should be thankful.  And because I can run, I should with a joyful heart...for all the people who wish they could but can't. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Katie! Brought tears to my eyes, because I wish I were a runner as well! I am in a wheelchair right now with no idea how long, but I do know running is not ever in my future.

    The one thing I have learned from you and Matthew though is no day is foretold and the future is beautifully unfolding into it own grace.

    Keep running!

    ReplyDelete