Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Uncertain Future

I remember that first night in the NICU, looking at our 3 day old Matthew with a future so uncertain I couldn't even think about it.  Even after a year, after a year of more data points, I still have a hard time imagining what Matthew's future might hold. 

And like that first week, I know in my heart all of our futures are uncertain.  But I trick my mind and imagine what it might be like for Darren, Alyssa, Jackson and I.  But with Matthew I can't really imagine.  There is so much unknown. 

I was thinking about this while I was driving today, and looked behind me to see Matthew's cute cheeks in the rear view mirror, he was holding his bottle with his sweet little hands and I again remembered that this is the moment to be in today. Right now is good.  No need to know what the future holds.  The future will happen when it happens and likely it won't look anything like I imagined anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment