Monday, March 14, 2011

Post Helmet

I am so glad Matthew is out of his helmet.  I've missed cuddling up to him, putting my head on top of his, and kissing his cute little cheeks.  Now he can wear clothing that pulls over his head...no more jammies 24/7.  We were worried he would have trouble adjusting to being out of the helmet, but that worry was for naught.  He's been sleeping through the night (as well as he did with the helmet anyway) and taking his naps during the day without issue.  He even seems to be more careful to not hit his head when he's rolling around on the floor.  And his head now smells like a baby's head and not a teenage boy's foot. 

I hate to do this to him, but I will be putting the helmet back on him when we go for bike rides. I haven't broken the news to him yet, so shhhh. It will be an ugly surprise for him. I figure that helmet is better suited for him and will protect him better than any bicycle helmet we could buy.  Hopefully the excitement of the ride will distract him from the fact he's wearing the helmet again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment