Monday, July 25, 2011

Summer Slipping Away

4 weeks from today Alyssa goes to Kindergarten.  5 weeks from today I teach my first class for the Fall.  I am so very excited!!

But Summer is slipping away.  And as excited as I am for Alyssa to go to Kindergarten and to start teaching again, I'm a little sad that I won't have as much one on one time with my sweet baby Matthew.  For the last almost year, my job has been caring for Matthew.  Some days it has been Matthew and Jackson, other days its been Matthew, Jackson and Alyssa. But everyday... it is Matthew.  As I said before, he's my perfect little companion.  In a given week, I spend about 24 hours alone with him.  In 5 weeks, with Alyssa in Kindergarten where she'll be coming home earlier than she did in daycare and my teaching, that time will be cut to about 9. 

Though that makes me a little sad, I feel very lucky that I've had this opportunity to spend that time with Mattie (and Alyssa and Jackson too).  And the sadness is quickly replaced by excitement when I think about the big things about to happen for Alyssa, me and even Matthew (who will be spending 12 hours a week in daycare, watching and hopefully learning from his typically developing peers).  

No comments:

Post a Comment