Monday, March 19, 2012

Little Things

These little things make me smile:

Matthew saw the big laundry basket in my room and started pushing it.  He came upon the dresser, with the doors open, stopped, pushed one door closed, pulled the other one closed, and kept going.  Not only was I giddy because he was up walking with the basket, but he understood what he needed to do to avoid the doors on the dresser.  Not a big deal to most, but he understood what to do (which is sort of a big deal to us)!

Jackson has avoided time outs for the last 4 days.  Lately, I've just had to remind him to make good decisions and he's changed his attitude. We are enticing him to go 7 days by offering him something he's been really wanting (a light up lightsaber).  I sure hope the streak continues the 7 days and beyond!

I was talking on the phone and Matthew was crawling all over me.  I kept telling him "say hi", emphasizing the H sound.  He breathed out, trying to make the H sound!

Alyssa is very into reading right now, and some of her favorite books are a series called "I'll Read to You, You Read to Me".  The premise of the books is that one person reads a couple of lines, and the other person reads a couple of lines, back and forth.  At the end of each short story, it ends with "I'll read to you, You read to me" which you are supposed to say together.  When we read that part, she grins from ear to ear.
Alyssa reading her 2nd favorite series- Captain Underpants
Matthew has 2 new signs-- "Please" and "Help".  I love when he communicates, no matter the way!

The other day, Jackson was walking around the kitchen saying our telephone number.  No clue how he learned it, as we haven't worked on it and he says they haven't at school either, but we are glad that he knows it!

Alyssa has been all about games lately--Uno, Trouble, Match It, or whatever anyone will play with her.  She's happy to play with anyone, any game, anytime.  
Alyssa convinced Jackson to play Candy Land with her.
Matthew has a one tract mind lately--get into everything!  One of his favorite things to do right now is to stand on a step stool in the bathroom, brush his teeth, and unload the drawer next to the sink.  
If we can't find Mattie, 9 times out of 10 we find him in the bathroom,
on the stool on his tippy toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment