Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Patience Reset

I won't be winning any mother of the year awards any time soon, and not just because I forgot to put sunscreen on the kids during our day at the beach.  Patience has never been my finest virtue.  I often half joke that I asked God for patience and instead of granting me patience, he granted me opportunity after opportunity to practice patience.

I feel like I haven't been doing a very good job of it lately.  Right now, Matthew is whiny and getting into every thing (as my broken iPod Nano can attest).  While developmental-age appropriate, which is a reason to rejoice, it is testing my patience.  Add in Jackson's periodic freak outs and over emotional moments and Alyssa's stubborn sassiness, and I lose my cool.  I have been too short with the kids lately, and generally not the mom I want to be.  

I'm not proud of it, but hope by admitting it here, I will be able to reset my patience bank.  I'm praying that I can be the mother my kids deserve, to be patient when the opportunities to practice arise.

No comments:

Post a Comment