Thursday, April 5, 2012

Toddler Matthew

It took 2 years and a month, but our sweet baby Matthew is no longer a baby.  He is walking.  He no longer takes a pacifier.  He sleeps through the night.  He takes only one nap during the day.  He drinks from a sippy cup. He eats table food.  He sits in a booster seat.  He throws a tantrum when he doesn't get his way.  He is now much more toddler than baby.   

We always planned on having 3 kids, but I secretly wondered if I would yearn for baby #4 after Matthew outgrew his baby stage.  Now that Matthew is out of that stage, I can say, without a doubt, no way do I want another baby.  

Matthew's baby stage was twice as long as a typical kid's.  It was like having 2 babies back to back.  He didn't sleep through the night for well over a year.  He took a bottle twice as long as his typical counter parts. He ate baby food for twice as long.  It took him twice as long to sit up, to crawl, and to walk.  And the list goes on.  But he's finally a toddler! (Though he'll always be our sweet baby Matthew.)

I'm loving life as it is-- with our sweet toddler Matthew, our fun-loving preschooler Jackson, and our caring kindergartener Alyssa.  We are now able to enjoy the fruits of our labors. I loved the baby stage, but I don't want to go back.  I'm loving the stages the kids are in now.  And I can't wait to see what the future holds for us going forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment