Saturday, February 5, 2011

Big Deal

I purposely didn't post an update on Matthew's tummy bug yesterday in hopes that it was on its way out and I didn't want to jinx it.  Matthew hasn't thrown up in 36 hours, but his tummy still isn't right.  His stomach is still taut.  He refuses to eat in the evenings.  He cries after he eats.  He cried for an hour last night as his tummy rumbled and he gagged time and time again. Thankfully he kept everything down. 

I've been thinking this may not be your run-of-the-mill stomach bug and questioning the next steps as I think we've tapped out our pediatrician on this particular issue.  I don't want to go to the ER at this point, as I don't think it is an emergency.  Then I realized that we have a GI appointment this week. It is just a routine follow up, but it is fantastic timing! I hope that Matthew is 100% by the appointment, but if not I'm hoping our GI will be the doctor to help. 

Even as we've spent the last week in stomach bug misery, Matthew still gave us reason to celebrate.  He started holding his own bottle!  This is a very big deal in our house.  This means he's using his hands more, his hand/eye coordination is improving, and he wanted to eat!  Yippee!!
Matthew holding his bottle for the first time

No comments:

Post a Comment