Monday, February 28, 2011

1 Year Checkup

Matthew's 1 year checkup was today. I can't remember the last time he went to a well-baby visit and was not sick!  Today was a good day.  Not much to report.  Compared to his 'peers' (haha...we wish he even had peers), his head is still small (in the 0.57 percentile for head size, that's out of 100), he's still a light weight (in the 0.68 percentile for weight) and on the small side (13th percentile for height).  But Matthew is taking no medications at this time.  Can't remember the last time I've been able to say that!  And though Matthew is developmentally delayed, it is being addressed via therapy.  All is well!

Dr. W commented that it seems as though we've turned a corner.  I'm not sure we've turned the corner, but I do know that when I look in the rear view mirror, the scary events of the past year are getting further and further away.  Thank goodness!  Now I just need to work on not freaking out about the typical ailments and not expecting the worst.   Hopefully that will happen as those events become specs in the rear view mirror. 

Mattie chewing on his birthday card



No comments:

Post a Comment