Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sleepless Nights

I've already written many times about my affection for sleep.  Some people can get along with little sleep, but I'm an 8 hours a night girl.  My mind gets fussy without sleep.  I only get through the first few months of a newborn's sleep schedule by remembering that this is only a short amount of time...that said newborn will become an infant and will sleep! 

Matthew has woken up many times a night for the past month+ (save 2 nights).  I don't see the light at the end of this dark, sleepless tunnel we are currently in.  We don't know why Matthew isn't sleeping well.  We've tried all the tricks in our bag...letting him cry it out, swaddling him, unswaddling him, putting him to bed earlier/later, using a sound machine, etc, etc.  I just don't understand.  Goodness, how many times have I uttered that statement in the last almost year!?! 

Matthew's appetite has also waned in the past few days.  Not sure if it is related to the poor sleep or not.  I do know it is not an ear infection as the ENT looked in his ears yesterday.  Besides being exhausting, when Matthew isn't sleeping or eating, I worry. I hope and pray this is just typical baby stuff-- teething, separation anxiety, or the like. And hopefully it will pass soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment