Wednesday, February 16, 2011

ENT Update

Today Matthew had his 1 month post-tubes follow up with his ENT.  The tubes look good and are expected to stay in throughout the rest of the year at least.  Matthew had a hearing test while there, and his hearing is still 'normal' in both ears.  Very good news! 

Since I still can't hear out of my right ear post ear infection, I asked the doctor when the fluid in my ear might clear up.  His estimate was anytime between tomorrow and 3 months from now.  Not exactly what I wanted to hear (out of my left ear--hehe).  He also indicated that there really isn't anything to do to speed that process.  Ugh.  It makes me more and more thankful that we got tubes in Matthew's ears.  I can't even imagine what Matthew has been able (or not been able) to hear the past 6 months prior to tubes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment